10 Tips For Moving Day!
JUNE 5, 2018
Congratulations, your home is under contract! The stress is over right? Not so fast, you still have to pick up and move. Let’s face it, moving day is never fun and in many cases is the most frustrating part of selling your home. That’s why at Felix Homes, we’ve put together a list of 10 tips to make moving day suck a little less.
1. If you’re planning on using a moving service or renting a moving truck, be sure to book them a few weeks in advance.
2. Call your local utility company and arrange for service in your new home. This goes for cable and internet service too!
3. Notify your post office, bank, doctor, vet, DMV, and insurance company of the recent change to your address.
4. Stop or reroute deliveries of newspapers, magazines, and packages.
5. Sell or dispose of any items that you don’t need. The less you have to transport, the easier the move will be!
6. Pack items by room for easy unpacking. Make sure to pack fragile items in their own box and wrap them with newspaper for safe transport.
7. Tell your family and friends of your moving date a few weeks in advance so they can help!
8. If you have small children, consider hiring a babysitter for moving day.
9. Host a moving party! Order a Pizza, buy drinks, snacks, paper plates, and plastic utensils in preparation for moving day.
10. Relax and start making memories in your new home, you’ve earned it!