Tips For Moving Day!
Congratulations, your home is under contract! The stress is over right? Not so fast, you still have to pick up and move. Let’s face it, moving day is never fun and in many cases is the most frustrating part of selling your home. That’s why at Felix Homes, we’ve put together a list of the top ten tips for moving day to make moving day suck a little less.
1. If you’re planning on using a moving service or renting a moving truck, be sure to book a company a few weeks in advance.
2. Call your local utility company and arrange for service in your new home. This goes for cable and internet service too!
3. The third tip for moving day is to notify your post office, bank, doctor, vet, DMV, and insurance company of the recent change to your address.
4. Stop or reroute deliveries of newspapers, magazines, and packages.
5. To prepare for your moving day, sell or dispose of any items that you don’t need. The less you have to transport, the easier the move will be!
6. Pack items by room for easy unpacking. Make sure to pack fragile items in their own box and wrap them with newspaper for safe transport.
7. Tell your family and friends of your moving date a few weeks in advance so they can help!
8. If you have small children, consider hiring a babysitter for moving day.
9. Host a moving party! Order a Pizza, buy drinks, snacks, paper plates, and plastic utensils in preparation for moving day.
10. The last tip, which actually occurs after moving day is to relax and start making memories in your new home. You’ve earned it!